- Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
- If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
- But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
The Relevance of the Bible Today
I believe that the New Testament of the bible is VERY relevant to modern times today. Although, in recent years it seems like the world is progressing towards a more bible-less centered society. All throughout the 20th Century and even still today the bible is used as a guideline for how we live our lives. We set forth our morals from how Jesus lived his life and try set forth an example of being Jesus-like to other people. Here are some quotes from Jesus in the New Testament:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am not a religious person, but I do believe that we should be caring, kind and accepting of others. If people would live there lives with the mindset that "What I do is my business" and "What you do is your business," society would be a much better place to live.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your post. I also believe that society should take into consideration of some of these quotes to better benefit themselves. If everyone was humble, loving, and reverent like Jesus, I believe we would be living in a totally different world that would benefit everyone.
ReplyDeleteI like what you posted. Even if many people aren't religious, the bible and other religious texts can teach everyone a thing or two from these teachings. I say if you are willing to site some type of saying that a billionaire said about success, you should site a saying from a religious figure for humility.
ReplyDeleteI feel like the humbleness and other attributes you describe are easier said than done. It'd be nice to be able to have a more unified religion/world outlook, but it just doesn't seem possible. War/conflict/hate just seem like they have a natural place in the world even when we don't want all of those things.
ReplyDelete