Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Family's Tragedy

My life has been filled with "almost tragedy" even though that sounds kinda weird. My mom had a brain aneurysm when I was 7 but survived, and then developed uterine cancer when I was 14 but survived that also. It wasn't until recently that  my life was filled with true tragedy. I already made a blog about her being my hero but recently my cousin Mary Elizabeth died at the age of 12 from leukemia. This tragedy completely changed my family and we will probably never be the same again. My grandmother is currently fighting lymphoma and my great-uncle is fighting cancer behind his eye. I guess you could say that cancer is the tragedy of my life and my family.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what cancer in a family can do besides tear it apart. I felt awful about your cousin passing because you always posted about her since I've met you. But I seriously hope that your family continues to fight cancer and that you don't experience another tragedy.

    ReplyDelete