We've been talking about eroticism very extensively throughout the week.
Most people gave the same definition in class that I'm about to give
right now on what I believe the word Erotic means. I believe
eroticism is all the combined sexual desires, impulses, feelings, and or
manifestations/ arousal that someone shares with or towards another
person. The feeling of sexual passion or sexual tension for someone else
for lack of a better definition. This does not mean sex itself, but the
feeling that makes you want to have sex. I believe this is a very
important human trait because life is based around sex, and many view
sex as the drive for continuity of human life.Eroticism is not
pornography, however, for pornography is performing a sexual act while
an onlooker watches. Porn destroys the feeling of eroticism. Eroticism
differs in many different cultures, and may look and feel different from
the point of view of a person of Asian ethnicity or a person of Indian
ethnicity. In the 1950's American society, eroticism was very non
prevalent as it was a more conservative time where sexual passion and
desires were kept in the bedroom and were for married couples only
(which was a customary more of the time period). However, as the
American society turns more and more liberal, eroticism seems to be a
big part of what our culture is based around now. Numerous parts of our
everyday lives include eroticism including television, literature, video
games, commercials, movies, and music. I believe the reason that
eroticism is becoming more prevalent is because of young Americans
always looking for pleasure whether it being they are addicted to it, or
they have been exposed to it so much that they have lost their sense of
balance between how much eroticism they should allow into their lives.
I'm not saying that eroticism is a bad thing, it is just my opinion that
it should be shared between two people (preferably a man and wife)
rather than being shoved down your throat every time you turn on the
television or pass a billboard on the interstate.
No comments:
Post a Comment