Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Hero Mary Elizabeth

This past week has been considerably difficult in that my hero actually passed on. She is my cousin Mary Elizabeth. She was 12 years old at the time of her death and she passed away from AML Leukemia. Before Mary Elizabeth was diagnosed, she was full of life and loved to spend her time doing nice things for others and wanting to help out those who were less fortunate than her. For her 10th birthday Mary asked for donations that she could give to the Methodist House in Macon and raised over 300 items! When Mary was diagnosed she still continued to think of others before herself and gave all the gifts that she received to her little brother and sister and the rest she gave to the other cancer patients. She was so steadfast in her faith and she never gave up her fight. She fought right up until the very end. There is so much more I could say about Mary that words on a blog post just wouldn't suffice. She lived her life the way we all are supposed to, serving others and having strong devoted faith in the Lord. Mary Elizabeth will always be my hero.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Mary Elizabeth sounds like a kind hearted and beautiful girl, who touched many lives with her courage and faith. I pray that the wonderful memories you have of her will comfort you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a VERY strong minded person. I respect her will due to me growing up with a disability. I grew up with epilepsy (seizures) so my actions were very limited starting at age 13. Anytime I did something strenuous, I would have a seizure and pass out. Sometimes, even when I was just relaxing, I would have an episode and have to take a long nap. Luckily for me, I had brain surgery at age 16, and now the seizures are gone. The fact that she didn't let her disability stop her from being happy is heart warming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. It is so amazing how strong some people are especially children. Mary Elizabeth sounds like a great kid. It sounds like she enjoyed life until her last moment. It is so impressive to be that strong and fearless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for the loss of such a young girl. I hope over the years she has taught you more to life than she could have by being here on earth. Her time here was meant to serve a purpose and I think god put her in your life to help you. God tends to give his hardest battles to his strongest angles ! To see life through sickness the way people do, such as Mary Elizabeth, is amazing and a lesson to learn through many trials. May she R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such a personal story. Mary Elizabeth truly is a hero and I admire her ability to put others before herself. I hope you are able find comfort at this difficult time by thinking of all the good she did.

    ReplyDelete